Bid History for SOLAR HOUSE
Auction Start Date: 11/19/14 11:38 AM ET
Auction End Date: 12/12/14 6:00 PM ET
Asset ID: 752 Number of Bids: 1
Loading bid history...
Located at the Architecture Research & Demonstration Facility next to VT Structures Lab on Plantation Road.
Refer all questions to Joe Wheeler, 540-818-5012 between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm.,or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Tech’s Award Winning Entry into the 2005 US Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon Competition.
A synopsis of innovative components include:
• Translucent wall assembly - Polycarbonate panels filled with nanogel, a translucent aerogel, provide a R-22 insulation value while delivering a soft glowing light that animates the entire space. Increasing natural daylight in building has long been a goal in architectural design.
• Tunable walls - Motorized shades between the polycarbonate panels allow for darkening of walls; linear actuators ventilate the cavity and give additional thermal and moisture control; LED lights allow for any desired wall color, no paint required.
• Expanded polystyrene structural insulated panels that are lightweight, easily assembled, and yield a high insulation value comprise the north wall.
• Cabinet enclosures are made of an annually renewable wheat straw.
• The landscape is built to demonstrate water conservation techniques through developing a system that integrates the exterior and interior environments inclusive of a rain water harvesting system, constructed wetlands, and planting schemes.
• Appliances were selected based on three criteria: maximum energy efficiency (energy star rated); practicality and accessibility; and visual elegance that creates a coherent wall module.
• Paint products use sustainable raw materials such as soy and sunflower oil and emit no VOC’s.
• Eucalyptus flooring was used throughout the house. • The roof is a lightweight folded-plate structure filled with foam insulation.
• Transportation – In order to keep the height of the house as low as possible on the highway, a lowboy chassis serving as the floor and foundation structure was designed to receive a detachable goose neck and rear axles for transport.
SEE "REMOVAL" BELOW FOR SPECIAL INTRUCTIONS ON TRANSPORTING THE SOLAR HOUSE.
-Leak at one location in roof.
-Aerogel missing from some cavities of polycarb ribs (Damage from transport) -Batteries not included.
+Since 2005, house has been converted to "Grid Tie Compatable"therefore batteries are not necessary to operate photovoltaic system.
+Includes "Sunny Island Inverter" for off-grid capability -Vent Axia Fans not working
-Front double doors need adjustment
Seller added the following information on 12/12/2014 2:12 PM:
It is my understanding per information from the VT Controllers Office that sales tax will not be collected on the sell of this house. The tax will be removed shortly after the conclusion of the auction this evening.
|Questions and Answers|
Q: How many square feet is the heated living area of the building? (11/19/14 9:33 PM)
A: Per department it is approx. 600 sq.ft. (11/20/14 1:57 PM)
Q: Hey, Joe: One of the comments states that panels were damaged during transport. Is it safe to assume that this home can be transported? If so, how so? Thanks. (11/21/14 3:24 PM)
A: The house has been moved several times. It was just from Richmond Va. back to Blacksburg Va. Please see removal instructions as it will answer your question. (11/21/14 3:57 PM)
Q: what is the actual footprint for reinstalling on foundation?
are blueprints and plans available? and provided ?
are thes available to be emailed or forwarded for review?
(11/24/14 9:44 AM)
A: Foot print is approx.. 16 X 45 Joe said he thought that there were blueprints and plans and if he can find them we can send them to you in a pdf . Thanks and sorry it took so long to respond. (12/3/14 1:46 PM)
Q: Good Day
We are a heavy haul company in Richmond Va speacilaizing in overwidth over height and overweight loads.We have trucks ranging from hot shots to 12 axle lowboys. We can be reached at 804 690-3752. Southern Transport Inc email@example.com (12/1/14 9:14 PM)
A: Thanks for the information . (12/2/14 7:12 AM)
Q: Can you please post pictures of the roof damage and any interior damage due to the leak?
How long has it been leaking? (12/4/14 6:04 PM)
A: Please contact Joe Wheeler as is listed in the description and he can help you. (12/5/14 7:29 AM)
Q: Is that the water srains running down the cabibets from the solar roof leaks? (12/5/14 11:45 AM)
A: If you are asking about water stains on cabinets from the roof leak then yes. You can see in picture #25 on the top of the cabinet behind the table the stain . This is about where the low point of the roof is . Joe contacted me today in regards to the leak and stain. He said that the roof leaked at a time there was a large amount of snow on the roof and hasn't leaked since . Hope the additional information helps. Thanks again. (12/5/14 12:27 PM)
Q: How long has all the electronics been exposed to the elements as shown in the pictures? (12/5/14 11:48 AM)
A: The electronics were covered by plexi glass panel until the house was moved here . The panels were in in bad shape so they were discarded. (12/10/14 3:58 PM)
|CALL TO SCHEDULE INSPECTION
PLEASE, REFER ALL QUESTIONS TO: Joe Wheeler, 540-818-5012 between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm.,or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspection by appointment only with 24 hour notice.
Wire Transfer is the only payment option for this item. The Wire Transfer Transaction Summary page will provide payment and account information. The Wire Transfer must be completed within 5 days unless otherwise specified below.
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE ONLINE--
Clydes Transfer - Mechanicsville, Va must be used to transport the house from it's location to the buyer's destination. Clyde's transfer has moved the house and is familiar with it and VT has agreed to loan them the dolly for the removal process. Contact Clyde Hostutler at phone # 804-746-1135 to receive a quote and make arrangements for transporting.
It will be up to bidders to contact Clyde's Transfer at 804-746-1135 to get an estimate and instructions before the close of the auction.
MOVING COST IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM IN THE WINNING BID AMOUNT ON GOVDEALS.
ADDITIONAL REMOVAL TIME WILL BE GRANTED ONLY BY SURPLUS MANAGER BEFORE END OF AUCTION. ANY REQUEST MUST BE SENT IN WRITING TO RON BARRETT, email@example.com
NOT ARRANGING THIS WILL NOT BE A VALID REASON FOR DEFAULTING.
VT will ready the home for transport.
Decking and deck frame work will have to be moved separately either by owner or Clydes Tranfer, your choice.
|NOTICE: If you are the winning bidder and default
by failing to adhere to this sellers terms and conditions
your account with GovDeals WILL BE LOCKED.