State of Iowa – State Vehicles
Des Moines, Iowa
Online Sales – Terms and Conditions
All bidders and other participants of this auction agree that they have read and fully understand these terms and agree to be bound thereby.
Guaranty Waiver. All property is offered for sale “AS IS, WHERE IS.” The State of Iowa (Seller) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness for any purpose of the property offered for sale. The Buyer is not entitled to any payment for loss of profit or any other money damages – special, direct, indirect, or consequential.
Description Warranty. Seller warrants to the Buyer that the property offered for sale will conform to its description. Any claim for misdescription must be made prior to removal of the property. If Seller confirms that the property does not conform to the description, Seller will keep the property and refund any money paid. The liability of the State of Iowa shall not exceed the actual purchase price of the property. Please note that upon removal of the property, all sales are final.
Personal and property risk. Persons attending during exhibition, sale or removal of goods assume all risks of damage of or loss to person and property and specifically release the Seller and GovDeals from liability therefore.
Inspection. Most items offered for sale are used and may contain defects not immediately detectable. Bidders may inspect the property prior to bidding. Bidders must adhere to the inspection dates and times indicated in the item description. See special instructions on each auction page for inspection details.
Consideration of Bid. The State of Iowa reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to withdraw from sale any of the items listed. The State of Iowa may also withdraw an asset from auction within the first five days for return to service.
Buyer’s Certificate. Successful bidders will receive a Buyer’s Certificate by email from GovDeals.
*Payment. Payment in full is due not later than 5 business days from the time and date of the Buyer’s Certificate.
1. Please bring the “Notice of Award” (emailed from GovDeals.com) along with payment and ID (Drivers License) to the Department of Administrative Services’ Fleet and Mail Division (DAS) located at 301 E. 7th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319 between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday.
2. If paying my MAIL, send your payment to “State of Iowa, Department of Administrative Services” at the address listed in #1. Once your payment is received the Cashier will e-mail your “Paid Receipt” to you. Title(s) will not be released until the vehicle has been picked up.
3. The successful bidder will be required to remit payment within five (5) business days from the time and date of the Buyer’s Certificate.
4. Accepted forms of payment are Cashier’s Check, or Money Orders. Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders must be made to: STATE OF IOWA.
5. Once payment is made, the cashier will issue a “Paid Receipt”. Titles will not be transferred to the successful bidder until the vehicle has been picked up.
If you have any questions regarding payment please contact Jeannie Adams, DAS Fleet at (515) 725-2293 or by email at Jeannie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note there will be a 7.5% Administrative Fee added to the total amount of purchase. (Actual sold amount + 7.5%). The 7.5% Administrative Fee will show in the “Buyer’s Certificate” and will be added to the final payment.
1. All items must be removed within ten (10) business days from the time and date of issuance of the Buyer’s Certificate. Vehicles will be released only upon receipt of payment as specified above.
2. Successful bidders will need to bring the “Notice of Award” with the “Paid Receipt” and personal identification such as a Drivers License to the pickup location.
3. Successful bidders are solely responsible for loading and removal and any and all property awarded to them from the place where the property is located as indicated on the website and in the Buyer’s Certificate. The Buyer will make all arrangements and perform all work necessary, including packing, loading and transportation of the property. Under no circumstances will the State of Iowa assume responsibility for packing, loading or shipping.
4. Removal of property will only be between the times of 8:30am – 4:00pm Central time.
5. If you make arrangements with a transport company to pick up the vehicles, the transport company will need to have all the items listed in #1 and a letter of authorization to pickup of the vehicles. Additionally, the transporter will need to present a form of identification.
Shipping. You are responsible for rigging, loading, securing and transporting purchased property, including all costs and risks associated with removal. GovDeals offers a shipping solution through the uShip feature, as a courtesy to its buyers; however, GovDeals and the Seller neither endorses nor accepts responsibility or liability for lost shipments, lost profits, damage to the property or any other claims or damages arising from your use of the uShip feature.
Vehicle Titles. Seller will issue a title or certificate upon receipt of payment. Titles may be subject to any restrictions as indicated in the item description on the website. Open titles cannot be issued. The State of Iowa will issue replacement titles after payment of a $25.00 Administrative Fee is received.
Default. Default shall include (1) failure to observe these terms and conditions; (2) failure to make good and timely payment; or (3) failure to remove all items within the specified time. Default may result in termination of the contract and suspension from participation in all future sales until the default has been cured. If the Buyer fails in the performance of their obligations, Seller may exercise such rights and may pursue such remedies as are provided by law. Seller reserves the right to reclaim and resell all items not removed by Buyer by the specified removal date.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. By submitting a bid, the bidder agrees that they have read, fully understand and accept these Terms and Conditions of Online Sales, and agree to pay for and remove the property, if the bid is accepted, by the dates and times specified. These Terms and Conditions are displayed at the top of each page of each item listed on GovDeals. Special Instructions appearing on the asset page will override certain sections of the terms and conditions.
State/Local Sales and/or Use Tax. State taxes will not apply to vehicles purchased from the State of Iowa. Buyer will be subject to paying applicable taxes upon registering the vehicle.
Sales to Employees. Employees of the State of Iowa may bid on the property listed for auction, so long as they do NOT bid while on duty.